The Station at Summit
will be mostly a photo article as the photos are pretty well self
explanatory. I will comment where it might not be and if you have
questions you can email me with your questions.
to me make any structure unique. There were no commercially available
windows like I needed for this project to I took off the shelf windows
and modified them. Below is the stock window.
make it easier to create the window dividers that I needed for all the
windows I made a jig which was machined from delrin which is a slippery
plastic that most glues for styrene plastics won't stick to.
it was just a matter of cutting a bazillion pieces, placing them in the
jig, applying some thin solvent type styrene glue at each joint and
allowing them to cure and removing and repeating.
completed windows ready for paint
sides laminated with Precision Products clapboard siding.
strip added to the edges
the main structure was designed to avoid joint in panels the roof was
sufficiently long enough to require joints which are a real PITA to make
fabricated from styrene strips and sheet
needed a different treatment for the door transoms so I modified the off
the shelf door with styrene
doors and shutters painted up.